Tuesday 18 August 2009

Roof Bars, Roof Tent, Roof tray & Awning instalation




I installed three heavy duty roof bars i got from Footloose 4x4

I then bridged across them with two heavy gauge 2"x1" aluminnium box section, after hunting through the internet i found the alluminium warehouse were the most reasonably priced at about £40 inc delivery.
This was then bolted through using 8mm bolts.




Next i installed my rooftent that was previously installed on my old truck.

It is a Myway roof tent, i chose this one because of its light weight design but rugged construction. I wanted something light weight due to it being a small vehicle and didn't wan't a large wet canvas mass on the roof making it unstable.

The tent has prooved its ruggedness having been used on two trips incuding the Sahara.

Bolted in front of the tent is a Thule roof tray, then intalled along the length of the roof bars is a Fiamma F35 Pro awning, i chose this one because it is small enough for my truck and can be put up on your own, also many types brackets are available, the ones i chose clamp on to the end of the roof bars.
I found a company on the internet called Agent Fiamma that i bought it from.

No comments:

Post a Comment